Worried that you're in a sexless marriage? You adore each other, but is there something lacking in the intimacy department?
The truth is, being in a sexless relationship is more common than you might think! And age has nothing to do with it.
It's not that it is becoming more common, it's because as a society we are more open about talking about sex in general, including a sexless marriage.
Turn on the T.V. any given day, and you will find some sort of show, discussing S. E. X.
A survey was done a few years ago, with more than 18% of couples who said they have sex less than 10 times a year! Yes, sex 10 times a year, IS considered a sexless marriage.
Now let me clarify this term. If you want to have sex every night of the week and your partner only wants sex 2 times a week, you are NOT living in a sexless marriage. But, if you want to have sex 3-4 times a week and your partner only wants sex once a month - that IS a sexless relationship.
A sexless marriage isn't the problem in itself. It's the symptoms of something much deeper. Trying to solve the symptom instead of the problem can actually make things even worse between you and your partner.
Okay, so now you know that this kink of relationship is considered a common practice, but why? See how your relationship is affected by one or more of these common issues ...
What Are The Causes?
1. Fatigue - If you are new parents, it's no wonder the frequency in your lovemaking has taken a dive. With all the interrupted and sleepless nights caring for a crying baby can take a toll on your sex life.
2. Physical Issues - Many medications have side effects that can destroy your libido.
Surgery, depression and other medical conditions can cause you to loose your sex drive as well. If this is you, seek medical help and talk to your doctor. There are things that can be done, in a lot of cases.
3. Same Old Routine - If you've been in your relationship for a few years or decades, sex can become boring and routine. Look for ways to add excitement to your lovemaking.
4. An Affair - This one is a no-brainer. This can cause a sexless marriage, whether it has been exposed or you are still keeping it a secret. If you are using your sexual energy outside of your marriage, then there isn't much left to give at home.
5. Stress - In the chaos of everyday life, it's easy to get stressed out. Over work, bills, the economy or the many other things that take place in your life during a day. Stress can be murder on your sex life not to mention your relationship.
6. An Unresolved Fight - You know the old saying - "Don't Go To Bed Angry". Well, it couldn't be farther from the truth! If you don't learn to resolve your differences this most certainly can be a big cause in a sexless marriage.
7. Lack Of Communication - A lot of couples, just aren't comfortable talking about sex. Sex becomes only an action without any discussion.
8. No Time For Sex - Household chores, schedules, working, paying the bills, evening activities. How can you possibly squeeze one more thing into your busy routine?
Now that you have an idea of what can cause the problem,
what can you start doing right now to change your situation?
1. Communicate - Talking about your differences, your desires, and your needs can help transform any relationship. Keeping the lines of communication open is a must in an intimate relationship! It's healthy to be able to talk to your spouse about your sexual relationship. More sex talk between you and your partner, can lead to more sex in your relationship!Sinclair Intimacy Institute, and learn proven tips and techniques guaranteed to improve your sex-life.
3. Set Time Aside - An important part of an intimate relationship, is making love. If you have a crazy schedule, plan on a "date night", and include love making as a part of that evening.
4. Change Your Atmosphere - Take a note of your surroundings at home. Are they calming, and relaxed? Try to keep the stress out of your home, as much as possible. I know this is easier said than done, especially when you have children.
*** Allow Kate Dixon, the author of "How To Fix Your Sexless Marriage", to give you practical help and advice. This program is designed for men and women who are seeking sexless marriage advice and who wish to change their situation!